Online Prelicense Test Course
$425 - This online 60-hour salesperson Pre-Test course is accredited with the Iowa Real Estate Commission. This course was created to provide the most comprehensive coverage of all required aspects of the real estate industry and make you successful in passing the Iowa Real Estate Licensing Examination.
IMPORTANT: Iowa law allows you six months to complete the online course. Extensions beyond six months cannot be provided. Per Iowa law, there are no exceptions.
Already Started this Course?
About the Course
During the course you will learn the Iowa Real Estate Commission prescribed course of study, including:
- Law of agency
- Real Estate Law & Conveyancing
- Legal Descriptions and Zoning
- Trust Accounts & Closing Statements
- Real Estate Insurance
- Iowa License Law & Commission Rules
- Law of Contracts
- Fair Housing
- Financing of Real Estate
- Real Estate Mathematics
This course is entirely self-contained online – no additional textbooks or study materials are needed.
- No additional classroom time is required
- No instructor or course assistance is available
- No additional books or study material are required or provided (but you can print material presented on-screen while working online)
- Additional study material is available for purchase. Click here for the book store.
- A packet of information will be emailed to you within three business days of course purchase. Read this information carefully and keep this packet for your records.
- You MUST complete the online course within six months. Extensions cannot be granted. Per Iowa law, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Purchase the Online Prelicense Course
Click here to purchase this course online
Students should purchase the "Iowa Real Estate Principles" online course directly from the RECampus website. This course includes both Iowa and National real estate exam principles and will prepare you to take your Iowa real estate exam.
The Iowa Association of REALTORS® will be notified that you have purchased the course and a packet of information will be emailed to you within three business days of course purchase. Included in the packet is a PSI testing booklet to explain how to sign-up for the exam, and step-by-step directions on what you need to do to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Iowa.
Students requesting a refund within 30 days from the date of purchase will be given a full refund. 31-60 days into the course will be charged a $125 cancelation fee. Beyond 60 days no refund is available. No refund is available once the course has been completed.
Complete the Online Course
You have six (6) months from the date and time of purchase to complete the Iowa Sales Prelicense course. Per Iowa law, extensions beyond six months cannot be granted. There are no exceptions.
Completion of the online course is contingent upon the completion of:
- Every Unit (mandatory to move forward in course)
- Every Unit Exam with 80% correct
- Final Examination with 80% correct
- Electronic student affidavit found within the course
Students may repeat units, unit exams, and final examinations as many times as necessary to achieve the required number correct.
Upon completion of the course the Iowa Association of REALTORS® will be notified and your certificate of completion will be issued by the Iowa Association of REALTORS®, not RECampus. The certificate will be available online in the My Account section of our website (use the non-member sign in) within six (6) business days of course completion.
DO NOT schedule your Iowa license test until you have your certificate. The PSI testing center will not allow you to test, and will not refund or transfer your test date if you do not have your completion certificate.
Take the License Exam
You MUST present the official certificate of completion to the testing center and attach to your license application. DO NOT schedule your Iowa license test until you have your official completion certificate from the Iowa Association of REALTORS.
The PSI testing center will not refund or transfer your test date if you do not have your completion certificate.
See the Salesperson License page for more information on the Iowa license test and other licensing requirements.
RECampus, the company that manages the online course system, provides technical support for students who have questions or problems with their web browser or the technical side of the course.
If you experience ANY technical difficulties your first call should be to the RECampus technical support hotline at:
Technical Support Hours
- Monday-Friday, 8AM to 9PM Central Time
- Saturday-Sunday, 8AM to 7PM Central Time. Technical Support Hotline
Technical support is also available to discuss the requirements necessary to run the online course on your computer.
Ready to sign up?
Click here to purchase this course online
Click here for more information on the Iowa licensing requirement
Other Pre-License Test Course Options