| Dec 01, 2015
You are never without your phone and you are in your home and hometown daily. We want to see where you work and play -Iowa is great! Show the world what makes your hometown great! We want to see your images of Iowa captured in your photos.
Love Instagram? You are in luck, we do too! So when you go to post that magnificent photo of your city center, unique setting, Christmas Lights display, beautiful snow scape, or events that make your hometown great, use the hashtag #MyIowaHome and tag @iowarealtors on Instagram.
Entries will be judged for possible inclusion in the next IAR Benchmark Magazine, reposted to @iowarealtors Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts and/or featured in a blog post at www.iowarealtors.com. This is a yearlong contest with prizes given each interval to make sure we capture Iowa in all of its seasons! Read through the official rules (below) for more details and submission deadlines.
This contest is open to REALTORS® as well as anyone else that wants to join! Just be sure to follow us on Instagram - @iowarealtors Get your phones out and get ready to win great prizes including possible publication in our quarterly magazine!
2015 Photography Contest Guidelines & Entry Deadlines
1. Terms - Entry into the Iowa Association of REALTORS® & (Sponsor) Photo Contest (the “Contest”) begins on 12/01/2015, at midnight (12:00:00 a.m.) Central Daylight Time and ends on, 10/1/2016, at 11:59:59 p.m Central Standard Time. The Contest consists of the phases set forth below, as described fully in these Official Rules.
2. Submission is by online application only - Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. Eligibility - Contest is open to anyone (Iowa or from other states) and who have internet access, an Instagram account, and photo capturing capabilities.
5. How to Enter - To enter, use “#MyIowaHome” and tag @iowarealtors in the caption of your photo for Instagram. Keep in mind, your privacy settings will affect if we can see your entry or not. To help with this, please follow @iowarealtors
If you would like to submit an entry without an Instagram account or would not like to change your privacy settings, please email your high-res photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, phone number, email, who took the photo and where the photo was taken.
There is no limit to the number of entries submitted by each person. However, each photo may only be submitted for judgement in one (1) round.
No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, Entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, license to Iowa Association of REALTORS® to edit, adapt and publish such photo. Upon Sponsor’s request, each contestant must provide a signed written personal release and/or license from (1) all persons who appear in the photo submitted (or their parents or legal guardians if such persons are minors), and/or (2) the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork or other copyrighted material that appears in the photo entry, authorizing use of the photo in the Iowa Association of REALTORS® publications, advertising, marketing and promotions in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest unless prohibited by law. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request will result in disqualification of contestant and the related entry. If a potential winner fails to provide such releases, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the procedures described herein.
The Iowa Association of REALTORS® is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, damaged, misdirected, or blurred or otherwise indiscernible photos, which shall be disqualified.
6. Photograph Requirements: Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the "Photograph Requirements"):
- Posts used for marketing/advertising of homes for sale will not be eligible for prizes in the contest.
- Photographs should be of Iowa locations (rural and urban) which highlight the beauty and attractiveness of Iowa. IAR encourages entries from urban & community settings as well as rural landscapes.
- Photographs must be in high resolution digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest;
- All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be 1080x1080 pixels (Instagram limits)
- The photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The photo must not contain brand names or trademarks;
- The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant;
- The photo must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The photo must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Instagram filters are allowed; however, the original photo may be requested from IAR and;
- The photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where photo is created. * Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. Hand tinting is acceptable, as is cropping. Fish-eye lenses are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable only if the combined parts are all made around the same time. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemized here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize.
7. Deadline - All entries received between December 1, 2015 and February 1, 2016 will be eligible for Round 1. All entries received between February 2, 2016 and April 15, 2016 will be eligible in Round 2. All entries received between April 16, 2016 and July 15, 2016 will be eligible in Round 3. All entries received between July 16, 2016 and October 1, 2016 will be eligible in Round 4 of the contest. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these Rules.
8. Contest Prizes – There will be a first, second, and third place awarded in each round of the contest. The winners will be determined and posted online within 2 weeks of the closing of each round.
9. Winner Determination - Judging will be conducted by a Committee appointed by IAR. Winning photographs will be posted on www.iowarealtors.com. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
10. Limitation of Liability - By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor assume no responsibility for any of the following in connection with the Contest: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or votes; or alteration of entries. Sponsors are further not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry or vote to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, fraud by any entrant
11. Conditions - Entries void if the Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, obtained through fraud or theft or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules.
12. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest - If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In such event, no prizes will be awarded. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest under any of the circumstances described above, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
13. Winners List - Winners' names will be available online two weeks after each round closes.
14. Data Privacy - By entering, entrants agree that personal data, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor. Personal data will be used by Sponsor exclusively for the purposes stated herein.