This policy covers how IAR and its employees and designated representatives treat personal information you provide while on the IAR website or while using IAR products and services. This policy does not cover companies or partners that IAR does not own or control, or the employees or representatives of those companies.
Information Collection and Use
- IAR collects personal information when you register with IAR, when you use or request information about IAR products and services, and when you visit IAR web pages or the pages of some IAR partners.
- When registering for or requesting information about IAR products and services we may ask you for information including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, birthdate, and ZIP code. Additionally, we may ask you for your social security number, credit card number, and real estate license number to fulfill payment for products and services and to comply with state regulatory obligations. This information is provided at your discretion and cannot be determined unless you provide us with this information; once you provide this information you are no longer anonymous to us.
- IAR does not sell, rent, or otherwise disseminate e-mail addresses, except when necessary to provide an IAR product or service.
- Regardless of your decision to provide IAR with information that identifies you, IAR automatically receives and records in our server logs information such as your unique Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie information from previous visits to our website, the type of device you use to connect to our website, the duration of your visit to our site, an approximation of your location (city/town level), and any requests for pages/resources from our servers.
- IAR uses collected information to fulfill your requests for information about IAR products and services, to provide IAR or partner company products and services, to contact you, to conduct research, and to provide anonymous usage statistics to ensure a quality level of online service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
IAR may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- IAR may provide personal information to partner companies that provide products and services on behalf of IAR. Partner companies do not have the right to share your personal information outside the partner company unless otherwise directed in a confidentiality agreement between you and the partner company.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical or mental safety of any person, violations of IAR’s definition of acceptable use, or as otherwise required by law. This may include providing server log information to Internet Service Providers to prevent and/or stop misuse or abuse of IAR’s Internet resources, including bandwidth, server resources, and other hardware and software.
Personal information may be transferred if IAR agrees to manage or to be managed by an outside party, association, or entity.
Sharing and Disclosure of REALTOR® Member Information
"REALTOR® members” are licensed real estate agents that are members of a local, state, and NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. If you are not a REALTOR® member, this section does not apply to you.
- IAR may provide an association membership list to parties that request such information. This list may contain the following information: first and last name, office name, office address, office fax number, office telephone number, office website address, local board information, and the name of the office primary contact person. This list does NOT contain your e-mail address, home address, home telephone number, social security number, real estate license number, or other personal information not generally available to the public.
- As one of many membership benefits, IAR maintains an online membership directory of its members. By default, a member’s first and last name, office name, office address, office fax, office telephone, and e-mail address are included in this directory.
- As a part of the REALTOR® organization, IAR provides membership information to the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) and its member boards and related organizations. Information provided to NAR includes, but is not limited to, your name, office and home address and telephone number, email address, education history, political action contribution history, designations you have obtained, and your membership status with the IAR.
- Member email addresses are not distributed, except when necessary to provide a member product or service or to provide membership information to NAR and its affiliated boards.
A cookie is a small data file that a web site puts on your computer's hard drive so that the web site can remember information about you at a later time. IAR may set and access cookies on your device in order to:
- Record your preferences and provide you with customized website content
- Allow you to efficiently or quickly access resources on our website or the website of partner organizations
- Provide security for authenticating your membership status or when making an online purchase
Whenever possible, only the mimum required information is stored in cookies, and sensitive information such as passwords or your social security number is never stored in an IAR cookie.
Confidentiality and Security
- Access to your personal information is limited to our employees or representatives who we believe have a reasonable or legitimate business purpose to access the information in order to provide an IAR product or service.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to help protect personal information about you.
Questions and Information
Iowa Association of REALTORS®
1370 NW 114th St. Ste. 100
Clive, Iowa 50325